Re: Shutting down a warm standby database in 8.2beta3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Shutting down a warm standby database in 8.2beta3
Дата
Re: Shutting down a warm standby database in 8.2beta3
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephen Harris <lists@spuddy.org> writes:
> OK, I just did the same tests on the CVS tree, rather than beta3 and
> I see different results.  This time recovery aborts with a PANIC.

Yeah, that's expected since the whole recovery process is a critical
section.  We could change that but it's cosmetic.

> Restarting the database appears to go back to asking for archive log 5
> again.

It would back up to whereever the last recovery checkpoint was.  I think
we've got it hardwired at one recovery checkpoint per 100 source
checkpoints ... maybe that's too far apart.