Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> ...  The SMP issue seems to be not with whether there is
>> instantaneous contention for the locked datastructure, but with the cost
>> of making it possible for processor B to acquire a lock recently held by
>> processor A.

> I see.  I don't even see a TODO in there.  :-(

Nothing more specific than "investigate SMP context switching issues",
anyway.  We are definitely in a research mode here, rather than an
engineering mode.

ObQuote: "Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am
doing." - attributed to Werner von Braun, but has anyone got a
definitive reference?

Сообщение: Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon
Сообщение: Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon