Re: stopping server does not remove external_pid_file

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: stopping server does not remove external_pid_file
Дата
Re: stopping server does not remove external_pid_file  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Re: stopping server does not remove external_pid_file  (Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> Doesn't removing the file reduce the chances of failing to start later
> in case another postmaster already has that pid?

No, because the external pidfile has zero to do with Postgres' internal
behavior.

Personally I always thought that the external pidfile was a "feature"
we should have rejected.  It can never be a particularly reliable guide
to what PG is doing, the more especially so if the program looking at it
isn't doing any cross-checking, as the OP seems not to be doing.

Сообщение: Re: stopping server does not remove external_pid_file
Сообщение: Re: stopping server does not remove external_pid_file