Re: Granting of permissions on tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Granting of permissions on tables
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Saltsgaver, Scott" <scottsa@aiinet.com> writes:
> After I ran into this condition, the first thing I tried was to grant
> permissions back to myself.  PostgreSQL shot me down with a permission
> denied error.  So I had to log is as the superuser and then grant
> permissions to myself.

Are you sure about that?  What version are you running?  I get

play=> select version();                            version
------------------------------------------------------------------PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20, compiled by
gcc2.95.2

(1 row)

play=> select usename, usesuper from pg_user;usename  | usesuper
----------+----------postgres | ttgl      | ftree     | f
(3 rows)

play=> select current_user;getpgusername
---------------tgl
(1 row)

play=> create table bar (f1 int);
CREATE
play=> select * from bar;f1
----
(0 rows)

play=> grant all on bar to tree;
CHANGE
play=> select * from bar;
ERROR:  bar: Permission denied.
play=> grant all on bar to tgl;
CHANGE
play=> select * from bar;f1
----
(0 rows)

play=>

AFAICT from both experiment and looking at the sources, a table
owner is allowed to change the table's access permissions whether
or not he's currently got any permissions granted to himself;
ie, changing permissions is not a grantable/revokable right,
it's just checked on the basis of who you are.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: