Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <nconway@klamath.dyndns.org> writes:
>> Well, see Peter's suggestion that this is all wrong because indexes
>> don't have meaningful ownership anyway.  I think he's got a point...

> That's probably true -- in the long-run, it probably makes more sense to
> remove the concept of ownership from indexes.

> However, in the mean-time, I think my patch is still valid. Unless there
> are any remaining problems, please apply for 7.3.

No, I disagree.  If we are intending to remove ownership from indexes,
there is no good reason to add code that will only get taken out again.
There is no bug here of sufficient importance to warrant a temporary
hack solution; the existing behavior can be lived with.

Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes