Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> Ideally, we want to have some binaries/packages for the "final alpha".
>> Those broaden testing considerably.

> When we have a version that needs that treatment, we can simply call
> it beta1.  If it's too half-baked for that, then I don't see the point
> in going to a lot of trouble to build packages.

We (or more precisely EDB) made Windows installers for alpha1:
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdevdownload
And IIRC they did installers for alphas in the 9.0 cycle too.  And
certainly Devrim and others have been building binary packages for
alphas.  If this alpha is so much less baked than the previous ones
that that's not worthwhile, there's something very wrong with the
process.  The last alpha ought to be in testable condition.

Сообщение: Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8)
Сообщение: Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8)