Re: Problem with restoring database from 7.3.1 to 8.0.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with restoring database from 7.3.1 to 8.0.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kai Hessing <kai.hessing@hobsons.de> writes:
> I have a small problem.  We're currently using an old PostgreSQL 7.3.1
> database. In near future we want to migrate to a new server and taking
> the chance to upgrade postgres. Now I have a testsystem with postgres
> 8.0.1 where I tried to import a dump from our database. Everthing works
> fine except 74 error messages which all look simliar to this one:

> pg_restore: [Archivierer (DB)] Fehler in Inhaltsverzeichniseintrag 639;
> 0 33230571 CONSTRAINT $3 mh1004
> pg_restore: [Archivierer (DB)] could not execute query: FEHLER:
> Relation �public.$3� existiert nicht
>     Command was: ALTER INDEX public."$3" OWNER TO mh1004;

Hmm.  This looks like a pg_dump bug, ie, issuing ALTER OWNER commands
for the wrong index name (or, perhaps, issuing them before having
created the index ... do you use any indexes named like that?).

Which pg_dump version did you use to make the dump?  The usual
recommendation is to use the newer version's pg_dump in this sort
of situation.

BTW, you should *not* be updating to 8.0.1.  8.0.6 is the latest release
in that series.  It is almost never a good idea to be running anything
but the latest minor release in a series.  (The fact that you're still
on 7.3.1 doesn't speak well for your attentiveness to updates either.
We don't make minor releases just to keep busy, you know.)