Re: sort order for UTF-8 char column with Japanese UTF-8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: sort order for UTF-8 char column with Japanese UTF-8
Дата
Re: sort order for UTF-8 char column with Japanese UTF-8  (Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>)
Список pgsql-general
Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> writes:
> El día jueves, febrero 03, 2022 a las 11:14:55 +0100, Matthias Apitz escribió:
>> With ESQL/C on a PostgreSQL 13.1 server I see the result of this query:
>> select katkey,normform from swd_anzeige where normform >= 'A' ORDER BY ASC;
>> coming out in this order:
>> I loaded the same table in my server, but can't get the same order with
>> psql:

Do the two machines produce the same results if you sort the data in
question with sort(1)?  (Being careful to set LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 of
course.)  I rather doubt this has anything to do with Postgres as such;
there are lots of inter-system and inter-release discrepancies in
collation behavior.