Re: libpq work

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq work
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chris Bitmead <chrisb@nimrod.itg.telstra.com.au> writes:
> But without those regression tests, it's a bit scary. I assume that the
> psql tests wouldn't fully exercise libpq what with the asynchonous stuff
> etc?

The regression tests don't come anywhere *near* full coverage of psql,
let alone libpq (which has many features psql never heard of).

I learned this the hard way awhile ago :-(.  It's difficult to see how
to do regression testing of async behavior though, at least with the
simplistic test methods we have now.