Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use DocBook XSL stylesheets for man page building This switches

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use DocBook XSL stylesheets for man page building This switches
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use DocBook XSL stylesheets for man page building This switches  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use DocBook XSL stylesheets for man page building This switches  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-docs
petere@postgresql.org (Peter Eisentraut) writes:
> Use DocBook XSL stylesheets for man page building

I tried "make man" on my Fedora 10 machine.  It built stuff, but:

* I see it claiming to be making manpages for the SPI functions and
dblink functions, eg

Note: meta manvol : no refentry/refmeta/manvolnum                  dblink_connect
Note: meta manvol : see http://docbook.sf.net/el/manvolnum         dblink_connect
Note: Writing man1/dblink_connect.1

but no output file actually appears.  And why is it dropping this stuff
in section 1, wouldn't 3 be more appropriate?

* The section-7 man pages are back to being created with all-upper-case
file names.  I thought we'd agreed not to do that.