Re: Bug in Function-Transactions?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug in Function-Transactions?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Postgres terminated my back-end connection to the server when it
> reached the VACUUM statement.

> Next, I reconnected. I was quite surprised to discover that Postgres
> had *not* rolled back the changes made by the function before it
> crashed.

Yeah.  The problem here is precisely that VACUUM does internal commits
--- so it committed your function's earlier changes too.  When you
returned from the VACUUM, the function's execution context was gone
as a byproduct of post-commit cleanup.  Oops.  VACUUM is disallowed
inside functions as of 7.3 to prevent this problem.

I don't think you need to be too worried about database corruption
as a result of this experiment, fortunately.