Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Please understand something here ... a large portion of the banner ads are
> *not* paid ... they are recognition of the many mirror sites that are
> supporting the project by reducing the amount of bandwidth that is
> required on the central server ...

While the mirror sites deserve some recognition, I'm not convinced that
that should translate to banner ads on the main portal.

Could we set things up so that when you actually go to a mirror site,
you see some discreet notice about "this mirror sponsored by so-and-so"?

And I'm definitely not happy with reading
Help Support This SitePost your Ad HerePay Only for VisitorsAs Low As$0.10cdn per click-thruHub.Org

on the main site.  That's several shades too mercenary for my taste.