Re: Question about SCO openserver and postgres...

От Edmundo Robles L.
Тема Re: Question about SCO openserver and postgres...
Дата
Re: Question about SCO openserver and postgres...  (Ireneusz Pluta <ipluta@wp.pl>)
Re: Question about SCO openserver and postgres...  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On 07/22/2010 05:39 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Edmundo Robles L.
> <erobles@sensacd.com.mx>  wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>   I have a problem with the  max  postgres connections  on SCO
>> Openserver 5.0.7, so ...my boss decided to buy  the SCO Openserver 6.0
>> but this   version comes in 2  editions:  Starter and Enterprise.
>>
>> If SCO 5.0.7 only allows 95 ( -3  used by superuser)  connections to
>> postgres...
>>
>> Do you know  how many connections to postgres  can i have with
>> OpenServer   in Starter Edition or Enterprise edition?
>>
> Are you sure this isn't just a limit in max_connections in postgresql.conf?

Yes, i sure. i have the same problem with postgres 7.2 (100 connections)
and   8.3.11 (only 95 :-( )

   I change  the max_connections on postgres , on SCO 5.0.7 set   the
SHMMAX,SHM*  to the maximun value and relink the SCO kernel
but always , i have only 95  client connected to postgres no more.....

That is  because we want buy SCO 6.0 but  i don't know  if we will have
the same problem,  our programs are developed on SCO so the migration to
another  operative system is not a choice... for now.

By the way i  send a mail to SCO  but  until now they don't answer to me.

От: Piotr Gasidło
Сообщение: Re: Difference between EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... total runtime and SELECT ... runtime
От: Andy Colson
Сообщение: Re: optimizing daily data storage in Pg