about memory size reported by system.

От Edmundo Robles L.
Тема about memory size reported by system.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi everyone!

I have a doubt about  the memory consumed by  each connection open.

suddenly my server, running postgres 8.3.11,  began to run   too slowly.

Checking the  process with: ps -adelfo pcpu,vsz,args | more

The processes,related to the connection to the db, each one  have a consume of memory near to the 50Mb. by the way i
have50 connections to the db, so i have a reported  memory consumed of 2.5M, when i have only 1G in the server.

If  I modify the shared_buffers value,  the report of  memory consumed  is according  with  shared buffers value.

Should I worry by that?
There is a  best way to tweak  the memory consumed by postgres?

--
SENSA Control Digital.
Ing. Edmundo Robles Lopez.