Re: psql: Is it possible to run a query from a *sql file?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql: Is it possible to run a query from a *sql file?
Дата
Re: psql: Is it possible to run a query from a *sql file?  (Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it>)
Список pgsql-novice
Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> writes:
> I've been unsuccessfully trying something like this simple one:

> \! echo "insert key: ";read key; export $key;
> SELECT autore, titolo, editore FROM bibl WHERE autore like '%[$key]%'

Perhaps you want something like

regression=# \echo prompt
prompt
regression=# \set foo `read val; echo "'$val'"`
qwerty
regression=# select :foo;
 ?column?
 qwerty
(1 row)

although on the whole I think you'd be better off turning this around:
write it as a shell script and invoke psql for individual steps,
rather than the other way round.  It's hard to envision a script that
needs user interaction and won't shortly thereafter need control
structures etc.