Re: [GENERAL] Shutting down a warm standby database in 8.2beta3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Shutting down a warm standby database in 8.2beta3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hm, I tried to test that before I sent that. But I guess my test was faulty
> since I was really testing what process the terminal handling delivered the
> signal to:

Interesting.  I tried the same test on HPUX, and find that its /bin/sh
seems to ignore SIGQUIT but not SIGINT:

$ sh /tmp/test.sh ; echo $?
before                    -- typed ^C here
130
$ sh /tmp/test.sh ; echo $?
before                    -- typed ^\ here
/tmp/test.sh[4]: 25166 Quit(coredump)
sleep failed
after
0
$

There is nothing in the shell man page about this :-(

That seems to leave us back at square one.  How can we ensure an archive
or recovery script will fail on being signaled?  (Obviously we can't
prevent someone from trapping the signal, but it'd be good if the
default behavior was this way.)