Re: solaris 10 with gcc 3.3.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: solaris 10 with gcc 3.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Belbin, Peter" <PBelbin@McLeodUSA.com> writes:
> Should I be able to compile with gcc 3.3.2 (from sunfreeware) on solaris 10?

Yes ...

> gcc -DPOSIX -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wendif-labels
> -fno-strict-aliasing -I../../src/port -DFRONTEND -I../../src/include   -c -o
> exec.o exec.c
> In file included from /usr/include/sys/wait.h:24,
>                  from exec.c:26:
> /usr/include/sys/siginfo.h:259: error: parse error before "ctid_t"
> /usr/include/sys/siginfo.h:292: error: parse error before '}' token

This looks like your platform's <sys/wait.h> is not designed to be
included free-standing, but requires certain other system headers to be
included first.  (This is poor practice, but seen all too often :-()
A fairly likely guess is that the missing header is <sys/types.h>.
You might be able to find out for sure by checking the man page for
waitpid() and related system calls ... or just try hacking exec.c till
it compiles.

It's likely that exec.c is not the only place missing the extra
include(s).  Please send a patch after you get it all to build.