Re: Desperate: View not using indexes (very slow)

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Desperate: View not using indexes (very slow)
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Jen Sale <> writes:
> can someone please tell me what we did wrong?

Joins against union subqueries aren't handled very well at the moment.
(As it happens, I'm working on that exact problem right now for 8.2,
but that won't help you today.)

The plan indicates that you are using UNION rather than UNION ALL,
which is not helping any.  Do you really need duplicate elimination
in that view?