Re: Segmentation fault in 7.3 while vacuuming

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Segmentation fault in 7.3 while vacuuming
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Frank van Vugt <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl> writes:
> ** while using a client written in TrollTech's QT v3.1 that creates a number
> of temporary tables, uses a number lot of 'copy' statements and at the end
> tries to 'vacuum full analyse' the database

Drat --- looks like the local buffer manager code has gotten out of sync
with the relcache code.  In particular I note the following in localbuf.c

        Relation    bufrel = RelationNodeCacheGetRelation(bufHdr->tag.rnode);

        /*
         * The relcache is not supposed to throw away temp rels, so this
         * should always succeed.
         */
        Assert(bufrel != NULL);

which was true at the time it was written, but is so no longer :-(

Will fix.