Are we done with sync-commit-defaults-to-off patch?

When I was playing with pgbench testing yesterday, one thing that seemed
a bit odd was that turning off synchronous_commit didn't change the
results noticeably.  It took till today for the reason to penetrate
my cranium: it was off already.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-08/msg00355.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2007-08/msg00182.php

We've had that hack in there for almost a month now, and no strange
behaviors have turned up in the buildfarm.  So I'm inclined to think
it has served its purpose, and we should revert it before anyone else
comes to bogus conclusions about performance.  This is particularly
the case since Andrew has worked up a pg_regress enhancement that would
let specific buildfarm animals still test the "off" setting if they
chose.

Comments?