Re: Finer grain log timestamps

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Finer grain log timestamps
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Do we *have* to provide support for arbitrary numbers of digits, though?
> We could provide support for only %.3t and %.6t specifically, and not
> worry about other cases (error: width not supported).

If I were coding it, I would allow only exactly 1 digit (%.Nt) to simplify
the parsing side of things and bound the required buffer size.  Without
having written it, it's not clear to me whether further restricting the
set of supported values would save much code.  I will point out, though,
that throwing an error during log_line_prefix processing will lead
straight to infinite recursion.