Re: pgsql: Add suport for server-side LZ4 base backup compression.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add suport for server-side LZ4 base backup compression.
Дата
Re: pgsql: Add suport for server-side LZ4 base backup compression.  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 05:16:03PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think adding an explicit PGAC_PATH_PROGS would be worth the cycles.

> Well, this somebody is I, and the buildfarm did not blow up on any of
> that so that looked rather fine.

Eh?  copperhead for one is failing for exactly this reason:

Bailout called.  Further testing stopped:  failed to execute command "lz4 -d -m
/home/pgbf/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/bin/pg_verifybackup/tmp_check/t_008_untar_primary_data/backup/server-backup/base.tar.lz4":
Nosuch file or directory

> Adding a few cycles for this check
> is fine by me.  What do you think of the attached?

Looks OK as far as it goes ... but do we need anything on the
MSVC side?

Also, I can't help wondering why we have both GZIP_PROGRAM and GZIP
variables.  I suppose that's a separate issue though.