Re: [HACKERS] Locale support broken in latest snapshots

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Locale support broken in latest snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.russ.ru> writes:
>    In the snapshot of 21 Feb locale support have been broken. "SELECT *
> FROM table ORDER BY name" returns rows in wrong order; "SELECT * FROM table
> WHERE name ~* re" performs case-sensitive match.

Ugh.

>    I remember Tatsuo once fixed case-sensitiveness by replacing char with
> "unsigned char". Should I teach my gcc to always use unsigned chars?

No, that's not a solution (since it's not available to non-gcc users).
We need to find the coding error and fix it.

However, if you can try that as a test to see if it fixes the behavior,
please do; knowing whether it does will help narrow down what the bug
could be.