Re: BUG #12721: psql -a does not preserve empty lines between SELECTs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #12721: psql -a does not preserve empty lines between SELECTs
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> Huh --- I take that back; the "queries" and "errors" cases are implemented
> totally independently of "all" mode.  The "all" mode does work on a line
> by line basis, and there's no good reason why it doesn't print blank
> lines, except that somebody wasn't thinking very hard about where they
> added the test.  Will fix.

Or maybe not.  It's a simple enough change, but it breaks all our
regression tests, which use -a and are not expecting blank lines to
get echoed.  So I think I was right the first time: the existing behavior
is probably embedded in enough places that changing it would not be worth
the pain.  Sorry.

> The documentation is wrong too, but not in the way I thought; it should
> say that interactive input is never echoed by this feature, rather than
> that it's "less useful" to turn it on for that.

This still needs fixed though ...