Re: selecting from cursor

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: selecting from cursor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alex Pilosov <alex@pilosoft.com> writes:
> True true. On other hand, unlike union, its automatically typechecked, you
> cannot by mistake reference a field you shouldn't be referencing.

Only true to the extent that you have cast a generic pointer to the
correct type to begin with.  However, we've probably wasted more time
arguing the point than it's really worth.

I would suggest leaving off the final semicolon in the macro definition
so that you can write

typedef struct RangeTblEntryRelation
{   RTE_COMMON_FIELDS;   /* Fields valid for a plain relation RTE */   char       *relname;        /* real name of the
relation*/   Oid         relid;          /* OID of the relation */

Without this, tools like pgindent will almost certainly mess up these
struct declarations (I know emacs' C mode will get it wrong...)