Re: Bogus sizing parameters in some AllocSetContextCreate calls

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bogus sizing parameters in some AllocSetContextCreate calls
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2016-08-27 15:36:28 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> What is actually of interest, IMO, is making *some* contexts have a
>> different allocator, and that is going to require case-by-case decisions
>> anyway.  A blanket switch seems completely useless to me.

> Don't think aset.c is actually that good, so I'm not convinced of
> that. And even if it's just to verify that a special case allocator
> actually works with more coverage...

I'm not exactly following.  If you have a new allocator that dominates
aset.c on all cases, why would we not simply replace aset.c with it?
Mass substitution implemented at the caller end seems like the hard way.

(Or in other words, the fact that "DefaultContextCreate" is spelled
"AllocSetContextCreate" is a bit of a historical artifact, but I do
not see why changing the spelling is a useful exercise.)

Сообщение: Re: Bogus sizing parameters in some AllocSetContextCreate calls
Сообщение: Re: Bogus sizing parameters in some AllocSetContextCreate calls