Re: Moving from MySQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Moving from MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Kevin Waterson <kevin@oceania.net> writes:
> Hi all, new to pgsql yadda yadda
> I have a default RedHat install and run into the following problem
> When trying to connect to postgres I get the following message..
> [kevin@anthem kevin]$ postgres

'postgres' is the server backend; you should not be invoking it
directly.  'psql' is the usual command-line frontend that you might
actually want to use.

However, now that you've killed the postmaster there is no server
process for psql to talk to.  You could restart the postmaster manually,
but it might be easier just to reboot the machine.