Re: Add "-Wimplicit-fallthrough" to default flags (was Re: pgsql: Support FETCH FIRST WITH TIES)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add "-Wimplicit-fallthrough" to default flags (was Re: pgsql: Support FETCH FIRST WITH TIES)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 3:41 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Why?  It uses "fallthrough" which is a legal spelling per level 4.

> GCC documentation mentions [ \t]*FALLTHR(OUGH|U)[ \t]* for level 4
> (out of the view other alternatives), which AFAICT is case sensitive
> (level 3 has fall(s | |-)?thr(ough|u)[ \t.!]*(-[^\n\r]*)?).

Oh, I'd missed that that was case sensitive.  Ugh --- that seems
unreasonable.  Maybe we'd better settle for level 3 after all;
I don't think there's much room to doubt the intentions of a
comment spelled that way.