Re: [HACKERS] Error "vacuum pg_proc"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Error "vacuum pg_proc"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> It turns out that for an index on a single text column, the maximum
>> safe text length is 2700 bytes.

> This is another argument to try and get long tuples into 7.0.

I think Jan might have enough on his plate already without trying to
TOAST the index code along with the plain-table code.  But if he can
get it done, great!

One thing this does bring up is that the maximum safe tuple length is
dependent on the index or table type.  The toaster's API had better
be designed accordingly...

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Error "vacuum pg_proc"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Error "vacuum pg_proc"