Re: pg_dump incredibly slow dumping a single schema from a large db

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump incredibly slow dumping a single schema from a large db
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mike Roest <mike.roest@replicon.com> writes:
> That was on the CentOS 5.8 x64 machine.  The one I'm trying it from now is
> Ubuntu 11.10 x64

Hm.  On current Red-Hat-derived systems I'd recommend oprofile, although
you need root privileges to use that.  Not real sure what is available
on Ubuntu, but our crib sheet for oprofile says it doesn't currently
work there:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Profiling_with_OProfile
That could be out-of-date info though.  Here's some info about
another possibility:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Profiling_with_perf