Re: Release 14 Schedule

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Release 14 Schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Still, this kind of seems like a laundry list to me. I'd argue for
> cutting range types, extended statistics, SEARCH / CYCLE, TOAST, and
> emergency mode vacuum. They're all nice, and I'm glad we have them,
> but they're also things that only people who are deeply steeped in
> PostgreSQL already seem likely to appreciate. Better scalability, less
> bloat, working OUT parameters, and query pipelining have benefits
> anyone can understand.

But of course it's a laundry list, and it's aimed at people steeped
in Postgres, because who else is going to be reading release notes?

Anyway, after re-reading the list, I concur that the TOAST item
shouldn't make the cut, so I took that out along with the explicit
mention of FDWs, and added something about emergency vacuum.
Pushed at
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=765f677f364100072160e7af37288eb1df2ff355

Сообщение: Re: Fixing WAL instability in various TAP tests
Сообщение: Re: Fixing WAL instability in various TAP tests