Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] money or dollar type

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] money or dollar type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> Therefore, I propose that the money type be extended to include a
> currency definition, the default being that of the backend environment.

This is not a bad idea; it would address some problems that I have in
my application too.  (What I was planning to do was store a separate
currency field associated with every money amount, but I think Oliver's
idea is better.)

However, what money *really* needs is more precision.  Has there been
any thought of working on the full SQL exact-numeric package?  (If I
read what I've seen correctly, that boils down to user-specifiable
decimal field widths, right?)  A variable-width money type including
a currency indicator would actually solve my problem...