Re: Problems when dumping a database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problems when dumping a database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tressens Lionel <tressens@etud.insa-tlse.fr> writes:
> My pgsql DBMS works great except that when I want to dump a database,
> pg_dump says that database template1 doesn't exist (actually it does !)
> and the dump is aborted...

Curious.  Can you connect to template1 by hand (eg "psql template1")?

If not, try issuing "vacuum pg_database" (you can do this from any
database not only template1) to see if it helps.

If that doesn't fix it, we'll need to see the exact output from pg_dump,
as well as what shows up in the postmaster log.