Re: [HACKERS] COPY problems with psql / libpq

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] COPY problems with psql / libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> : psql.c doesn't appear to cope correctly with quoted newlines in COPY data;

> What's a quoted newline?
> a) "<newline>"
> b) "\n"
> c) \<newline>

(c).  That's how a newline appearing in the data is supposed to be
represented.  IIRC, I was worried that if the \ falls at the end of
a bufferload and the newline at the start of the next, psql and/or
libpq would fail to recognize the pattern; if so, they'd probably
think the newline is a record boundary.

Patrick could be falling victim to this, but Oliver sez he has no
newlines in his data, so there's at least one other problem.

> that would in any case still point to a problem elsewhere. Gotta pass the
> buck to libpq ...

Could be.  I think Alfred is on the hook here...