Re: View INSERTs not returning OID in Postgres 7.2.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: View INSERTs not returning OID in Postgres 7.2.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Damon Cokenias <lists@mtn-palace.com> writes:
> I recently moved from 7.1.3 to 7.2.1.  In doing so, my application
> broke.  It relies on INSERT returning the OID of the inserted row,
> even if the INSERT was on a view.

I'm afraid you were relying on a coincidental artifact of the old
implementation, namely that you got back the command tag associated
with the last command to be physically executed.  The current code
is careful to return the command tag associated with the original
query (here, the insert into shadview) regardless of execution order
of additional queries executed by rules.  I'm not sure that we can fix
your problem without breaking other cases.