Re: Nasty problem in hash indexes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Nasty problem in hash indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> writes:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Neil Conway wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 05:37:39PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> <shrug> Who's to say?  We've found bugs in the btree logic recently,
>>> too.
>>
>> I'd rather print a loud warning when a hash index is created, but keep
>> the code in the tree, than just remove it entirely.

> Postgresql's philosophy has always seemed to be correctness first,
> convenience and performance second.

I agree --- we either fix this bug or remove hash indexes.  There's no
third choice.  However, I don't agree with killing hash indexes just
because there *might* be more bugs in them.  If we have an impractical-
to-fix bug in front of us, then it's time for harsh measures, but
otherwise ...

Сообщение: Re: Nasty problem in hash indexes
Сообщение: Re: Nasty problem in hash indexes