Re: \dT+ does not give elements ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: \dT+ does not give elements ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Gauthier, Dave" <dave.gauthier@intel.com> writes:
> SImple/quick (hopefully)

> thedb=# \dT+
>                                List of data types
> Schema |       Name        |   Internal name   | Size  | Elements | Description
> --------+-------------------+-------------------+-------+----------+-------------
> public | one_string_rec    | one_string_rec    | tuple |          |
> public | pwr_stdb_data     | pwr_stdb_data     | tuple |          |
> public | pwrrec            | pwrrec            | tuple |          |
> public | tree_template_rec | tree_template_rec | tuple |          |
> (4 rows)

> ...but no "elements".  These are all record types.  How can I see the composition of one of thest data types

Records don't have elements ... they have fields.  That column is for
elements of enum types.  If you want to see the fields of a record type,
just use "\d recordtype", as if it were a table.

Сообщение: Re: Oddball data distribution giving me planner headaches
Сообщение: Re: Oddball data distribution giving me planner headaches