Re: IA64 versus effective stack limit

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: IA64 versus effective stack limit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> As I said above, I don't know of any good way to measure register stack
>> depth directly. �It's probably possible to find out by asking the kernel
>> or something like that, but we surely do not want to introduce a kernel
>> call into check_stack_depth().

> It seems more likely it would be some kind of asm than a trap. This
> might be wishful thinking but is it too much to hope that glibc
> already exposes it through some function?

Yeah, I suppose some asm might be a possible solution, but I was a bit
discouraged after reading some Intel documentation that said that the
register-stack top wasn't exposed in the architectural model.  You
apparently can only find out what's been spilled to memory.  (But
perhaps that's close enough, for the purposes here?)

Сообщение: Re: IA64 versus effective stack limit
Сообщение: Re: IA64 versus effective stack limit