Re: Plan time Improvement - 64bit bitmapset

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Plan time Improvement - 64bit bitmapset
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Since he can't share the schema, and hasn't even given much of a hint,
> I don't know whether one (or more) of the columns is a bytea filled
> with 100 MB values; and I don't remember any description of the
> hardware environment either.  Since the behavior seems so
> out-of-the-ordinary, I was casting about for possible extraordinary
> characteristics of his environment which might cause it.  I'm probably
> way off base....

There's a hard-wired restriction in analyze.c that makes it discard data
values wider than 1KB on-sight.  So no such value will ever be found in
a statistics array.  You could still have a few meg in a pg_statistics
row, I suppose, but not a really horrendous amount.