Re: Missing update of all_hasnulls in BRIN opclasses

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Missing update of all_hasnulls in BRIN opclasses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

here's an updated version of the patch, including a backport version. I
ended up making the code yet a bit closer to master by introducing
add_values_to_range(). The current pre-14 code has the loop adding data
to the BRIN tuple in two places, but with the "fixed" logic handling
NULLs and the empty_range flag the amount of duplicated code got too
high, so this seem reasonable.

Both cases have a patch extending pageinspect to show the new flag, but
obviously we should commit that only in master. In backbranches it's
meant only to make testing easier.

I plan to do a bit more testing, I'd welcome some feedback - it's a
long-standing bug, and it'd be good to finally get this fixed. I don't
think the patch can be made any simpler.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company