Re: performance problems with bulk inserts/updates on tsrange with gist-based exclude constrains

От Chris Withers
Тема Re: performance problems with bulk inserts/updates on tsrange with gist-based exclude constrains
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 16/09/2016 10:26, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 9/16/2016 2:23 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
>>
>> wait, what is a tsrange?   the standard textsearch data types in
>> postgres are tsvector and tsquery,
>
> never mind,  I should have known, its a timestamp range.   ...
>

> when you do updates, are you changing any of the indexed fields, or
> just "value" ?
Yeah, it's a temporal table, so "updates" involve modifying the period
column for a row to set its end ts, and then inserting a new row with a
start ts running on from that.

Of course, the adds are just inserting new rows.

cheers,

Chris

От: Thomas.Deboben.ext@rohde-schwarz.com
Сообщение: PostgreSQL installation failure
От: Alex Ignatov
Сообщение: Re: Unable to create oracle_fdw (foreign data wrapper) extension