Re: Calculating the difference between timetz values

От Alexey Klyukin
Тема Re: Calculating the difference between timetz values
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 27, 2009, at 6:52 PM, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2009, at 10:54 , Alexey Klyukin wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was looking for a way to get the difference (interval) between 2
>> timetz values, i.e.:
>
> I don't have a solution, but am curious what your use case is for
> timetz (as opposed to timestamptz).

I'm writing a custom trigger function that has to compare values of
time* types and make some actions depending on a result.

Answering my own question, Alvaro proposed a solution with
extract(epoch from tz_value), the result is in seconds:

postgres=# select extract(epoch from '00:00:00+0'::timetz) -
extract(epoch from '2:00:00+2'::timetz);
  ?column?
         0
(1 row)

--