Re: BUG #17706: ALTER TYPE leads to crash

От Sergey Shinderuk
Тема Re: BUG #17706: ALTER TYPE leads to crash
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 13.12.2022 05:58, Richard Guo wrote:
> If we create a table using type foo, the alter
> operation would error out like that.
>
> create table t (a foo);
>
> alter type foo alter attribute b type text;
> ERROR:  cannot alter type "foo" because column "t.a" uses it
>
> Maybe we can likewise record the dependencies for the type if it's being
> used in other more scenarios besides as a column in some table?

Just in case, ALTER TABLE can also trigger the crash:

create table t (a int, b int);

create function f() returns t as $$
declare
    r t = (1, 2^30);
begin
    alter table t alter b type text;
    return r;
end;
$$ language plpgsql;

postgres=# select f();

Sergey Shinderuk        https://postgrespro.com/

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17706: ALTER TYPE leads to crash
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #17716: walsender process hang while decoding 'DROP PUBLICATION' XLOG