Re: snapshot generation broken again...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: snapshot generation broken again...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> [ scratches head... ]  "make dist" works for me.  Can you get a
>> trace indicating what command was used to call genbki.pl?

> heh that's a nice one the snapshot generation script uses "
> gmake -s VERSION=snapshot dist" and that leads to getting "
> --set-version=snapshot" passed to genbki.pl which fails the regex there
> and the if() falls through to the usage().

Huh ... that doesn't make any sense, because the previous shell-script
version also spits up on non-numeric VERSION.  How did it work before?

[... thinks ...]  Oh: it didn't, because we didn't use to try to call
this during distprep.  We'd not want "snapshot" as the version number
in postgres.bki anyway.  So we need to change the makefile to not rely
on VERSION for this, I guess.  Will fix.