Re: [HACKERS] Reducing pg_ctl's reaction time

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Reducing pg_ctl's reaction time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 7:13 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The attached proposed patch adjusts pg_ctl to check every 100msec,
>> instead of every second, for the postmaster to be done starting or
>> stopping.

>> +#define WAITS_PER_SEC  10      /* should divide 1000000 evenly */

> As a matter of style, you could define 1000000 as well in a variable
> and refer to the variable for the division.

Good idea, done that way.  (My initial thought was to use USECS_PER_SEC
from timestamp.h, but that's declared as int64 which would have
complicated matters, so I just made a new symbol.)

> This also pops up more easily failures with 001_stream_rep.pl without
> a patch applied from the other recent thread, so this patch had better
> not get in before anything from
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/8962.1498425057@sss.pgh.pa.us.

Check.  I pushed your fix for that first.

Thanks for the review!