can insert 'null' into timestamp type field from command line but not from input file?

От Bing Du
Тема can insert 'null' into timestamp type field from command line but not from input file?
Дата
Re: can insert 'null' into timestamp type field from command
Список pgsql-sql
The table is like this:

========
maxware=# \d test;              Table "public.test"Column |            Type             | Modifiers
--------+-----------------------------+-----------a      | timestamp without time zone |b      | integer

=========

The following insert command works fine:

maxware=# insert into test (a,b) values (null,'1');

But importing from an input data file does not seem to work as shown below:

=========
maxware=# copy tbl_spcase from '/home/bdu/test/input.data' delimiter as '|';
ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: "null"
CONTEXT:  COPY tbl_spcase, line 1, column col_id_spcase: "null"

The input.data file just has one line.  But no matter what I did, neither
of the following input format worked.

1. null|1
2. |1
3. ''|1

How should I represent blank value for the field that's of timestamp type?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Bing

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: