Re: pg_dump no longer honors --no-reconnect

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump no longer honors --no-reconnect
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> It had been dicussed on and off for quite some time.  This limitation
>> should only apply if you create dumps that contain objects owned by more
>> than one user.  (Does it?  I didn't check.)

> Yes, but didn't the old code prompt you for passwords, or silently work
> if you had things set to 'trust', while our new code requires
> super-user?

If you have things set to "trust", you can be superuser, eh?

A password approach might be workable using ~/.pgpass, but only in a
scenario where (a) a non-superuser has everyone else's passwords in his
~/.pgpass, and (b) there are no superuser-owned objects in the dump.
Neither of those assumptions hold up to scrutiny.

In practice I think use-set-session-auth is vastly the superior
technique, especially considering you can use --no-owner if you
really don't want any SET SESSION AUTH commands in there.