Re: Proposal : changing table ownership

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal : changing table ownership
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mark Hollomon" <mhh@nortelnetworks.com> writes:
> ALTER TABLE <table> OWNER TO <newowner>

> The owner of a table will be able to change the owner to any other user.

Doesn't this create risks parallel to file give-away (chown) in Unix?
A lot of Unices disallow chown except to the superuser.

Tables aren't currently active objects, but we've been talking about
things like making trigger functions run "setuid" to the table owner.
If that happens then table ownership giveaway is a big security hole.

> The superuser will NOT have special privileges.

Say *what* ?  That's just silly.