Re: Testing plperl<->plperlu interaction

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Testing plperl<->plperlu interaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> OK, here is a patch that provides for running regression tests for
> plperlu alone and plperl/plperlu interaction, skipping the latter if
> it's not supported on the platform, using the test Tim has suggested.

> ! ifeq ($(shell $(PERL) -V:usemultiplicity), usemultiplicity='define';)
> !     REGRESS += plperl_plperlu
> ! endif

Hm ... I wonder how badly this fails if perl isn't present?

Before you say that that won't matter, consider "make clean" etc.
The makefile does have to parse.

It might be sufficient to wrap this test in an "ifneq ($(PERL),)"
or similar.

Also, some commentary connecting this test to plperl.c's support for
two interpreters would be a good thing.