Re: create or replace rule/view (fwd)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: create or replace rule/view (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.ca> writes:
>> REPLACE VIEW shouldn't change the visible structure at all.  It defeats
>> the purpose.

> So what changes to the view should be allowed?

You can redefine the query that supports the view.  You cannot add,
remove, rename, or change the datatypes of any columns of the view.

It occurs to me that we have similar problems if one does ALTER TABLE on
a table or composite type that is being used as a function argument or
result type.  Possibly we could check for this by looking to see if
there are any dependencies recorded against the table's pg_type row.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] fix for palloc() of user-supplied length
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] fix for palloc() of user-supplied length